11.10.2006

Hearty Black Bean Soup


After a long Halloween night Ronnie and I needed some good comfort food for dinner the next day. I made "Hearty Black Bean Soup". I got this recipe from The Pretty Darn Quick Vegetarian Cookbook by Donna Klien. This book is great when you do need something pretty darn quick. Let's face it, we all can't cook from scratch all the time. This whole cookbook provides vegetarian recipes that need absolutely NO PREP! Yeah, I know it sounds strange and even not possible to cook a vegetarian meal with no prep, but it really is! For instance, she calls for a lot of prewashed, precut fresh vegi's and fruits that most supermarkets carry now. Or you can opt for the frozen or canned variety. I wouldn't suggest eating like this everyday if your looking to live a healthier lifestyle, but it's great for when you are in a pinch! This black bean soup is so simple and quick to make. It calls for two can's of black beans, vegetable broth, a can of sliced, stewed tomatoes, and various herbs and spices. It is delicious for how simple it is. It's great for leftover's also. (As you see in this photo - I thought about taking a picture after we had finished our meal, so I decided to take a pic of the leftover's in the fancy plastic tub. My apologies for not making it pretty.)

No comments: