9.06.2016

Whole30 Week Three Recap

Another week down and I can feel my clothes loosening up.  It's pretty amazing!  Matt had to go down a notch on his belt buckle.  This has been a great experience and I look forward to living the lifestyle even after my 30 days are up.

Which brings me to week three.  During week three I continue to become better at menu planning and I have also learned how to reign in the budget a bit, which is always a good thing.  This week was pretty easy for me because I worked the weekend.  So it was easy to not be distracted by eating out or drinking alcohol. 

Day Fifteen:


Breakfast: Homemade Breakfast Sausage, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Two Hard Boiled Eggs.  (Same as days ten, eleven, and fourteen.)
Lunch: Dump Ranch Chicken Salad on Zucchini Rounds. (Same as day twelve and fourteen.)  I just threw together some chicken, homemade mayo, ranch seasoning, and a red bell pepper, a yellow bell pepper, and three celery stalks for this one. 
Dinner: Chipotle Carry-Out:  Carnita's Salad (double meat), with Tomato and Green Salsas, and Guacamole.

Day Sixteen:

Breakfast: Homemade Breakfast Sausage, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Two Hard Boiled Eggs.  (Same as days ten, eleven, fourteen, and fifteen.)  I made a double batch if the sausage and froze half of it.  This breakfast is tasty and easy and I don't mind eating it most mornings.
Lunch: Leftover Blacked Mahi-Mahi and Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots and Matt's Mashed Potatoes with Ghee and Almond Milk.  (All leftovers from day fourteen.)
Dinner: Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken.

Day Seventeen:


Breakfast: Paleo Breakfast Burritos.  (Same as days five and six.)  Subbed compliant roast beef for the ham because I could not find any.
Dinner: Oriental Pineapple Coleslaw Salad with Grilled Chicken.  This link has since been removed?!?  What the heck?  So this is what I do remember: Dressing - 1/2 cup of mayo, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil.  Salad - 1 bag of coleslaw mix, 2 carrots shredded, green onions, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, cooked chicken breasts that were seasoned with garlic salt and pepper.  Mix everything and enjoy!

Day Eighteen:


Lunch: Leftover Oriental Pineapple Coleslaw Salad with Grilled Chicken (same as day seventeen).
Dinner: Slow Cooker Beef Stew. (Matt made this dinner since I was at work.  He used extra carrots instead of green beans and arrow root powder for thickener instead of potato starch).

Day Nineteen:


Breakfast: Southwest Breakfast Casserole (same as day eighteen).
Lunch: Loaded Taco Soup (same as day seventeen).
Dinner: Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole.  (Dinner was made by Matt again since I was at work and it was AMAZING!  A keeper for sure!)

Day Twenty:


Breakfast: Southwest Breakfast Casserole (same as days eighteen and nineteen, but on this day I put a dollop of guacamole on top and ate some leftover pineapple with it).
Lunch: Loaded Taco Soup (same as day seventeen and nineteen).
Dinner: Leftover Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole (same as day nineteen).

Another great week of food was had!  Unlike last week's misses, I can happily say everything this week was really good and totally satisfying!  If I had to pick three recipes you couldn't miss I would say the Loaded Taco Soup, Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken, and the Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole you have to try!

Onward to my last week.  I am nervous and scared and excited.  It'll be a whole new world after the 30 days are up! 

Catch you guys soon!


No comments: